Saturday, December 4, 2010

Life After College

This is something that I constantly think about: my future! I have goals set for myself and plans for my future.

I would like to graduate from SCSU with my degree in Spanish and my certification in teaching at the secondary (high school) level. I would really like to teach at Sacred Heart Academy, my alma mater. This school holds a very special place in my heart and I truly feel like it is where I would like to end up teaching. I hope to end up teaching either Spanish or Religion or maybe even both!

Eventually I would like to get a degree in Theology and counseling. As funny as it may sound I would truly want to be a religion teacher at some point in my life. My religion has been a big part of my life and it has defined part of who I am. I hope that I can use my faith to teach others and help them to understand the same things that confused me. I would also like to volunteer time at a community center to help counsel at-risk youth.

On a more personal level I would like to get married and have children some day. Having a family of my own is definitely something that I want. I think marriage is something very sacred and being able to totally share yourself with another person is a special gift. I hope to have two or three children, as they too are very special gifts!

One other thing I would like to accomplish is the opening of my very own restaurant. One of my dreams is to carry on the many family recipes that I have learned. Growing up in a bicultural household has been a blessing! I would like to share the fusion of food with others.

So….this is basically my future! I have a lot of things that I would like to accomplish and with patients I know I will be able to!


Thank you to my senior year Theology teacher, Mrs. Mazzariello, for being my source of inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I've never really gotten the opportunity to talk to you, but reading this blog made me think of you in a different way. I think its really cool what you want to get a job in and i hope you do

    ReplyDelete