Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Time of Reflection

I have truly enjoyed my time in this learning community! It made the transition a little more comfortable because we were able to be around the same people and we grew together. As a group that spent so much time together we had the ability to make friends and feel confident asking each other questions if we saw each other around the campus.

Personally, it helped me and I was able to make a friend and get to know other people. I know that even though I am not close friends with everyone, when I see someone I can say hi and have a conversation. Everyone in the class has been very kind to me and even though they might not have known it, they have helped me in my transition into college.

I will miss this class for many different reasons. We have shared many laughs and have felt the stress of completing projects for both, English and Inquiry. We also grew fairly close and got to know each other. We completed activities with Lee that allowed us to know things about each other that we may have never known.

Lee is definitely someone that I will miss! It was wonderful getting to know her as a student, role model, and eventual friend. She has taught me a lot about life, not only in college but also outside of college. She is a very bright young woman and I wish her the best!

All in all I think the learning communities are necessary in transitioning into college. They provide some sort of stability to this change. I will certainly miss my classmates and it will be different not having classes with all of us together!

“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”


Yellow rose of friendship <3

No comments:

Post a Comment