Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Post about Food on Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my three favorite holidays! I love the time of year and the way it signifies the start of Christmas (at least for me).

My family celebrates Thanksgiving the way most others do: the turkey, stuffing, and all of the other dinner staples. This year’s holiday was a little different because most of my family was unable to come. My great uncle is ill and many family members stayed with him in Florida and my grandparents traveled to Florida. So, this year it was just my parents, my brother and sister, my uncle, and my cousin. It was definitely a quiet holiday, but it was still wonderful.

It was the first year that I have not spent with my grandparents and it was also the first time my mom and I made my grandmothers stuffing recipe. Surprisingly, it went very well and I was proud that we got so close to her recipe. This year I made dessert and I took the liberty of choosing two things I had never tried before.

I made a pumpkin chiffon pie; a recipe that I saw on Paula Deen’s show. It was very simple to make and I initially thought it would be a nice change from the authentic pumpkin pie. I was wrong! I did not like it at all and honestly no else did. I took a chance and it did not work out.

I also made a pear and apple cobbler; a recipe from Down Home with the Neely’s. This recipe was slightly more difficult and more time consuming but it was a success! Everyone loved it and it was a great change from the usual apple pie. It was served warm with vanilla ice cream and fresh whipped cream.

All in all I had a nice Thanksgiving; I just hope it’s never this quiet again! I also decided that I would try a different recipe by one of my favorite chefs: Paula Deen.  

Table!
Watching football!!

No comments:

Post a Comment