Thursday, December 9, 2010

A New Set of Goals

College, just as life, is all about setting goals and working hard to achieve them.

Academically I would like to maintain a high grade point average and hopefully all straight A’s. I would like to make the Dean’s list; it would be such a wonderful honor! As I said in a couple of earlier posts, I want my academic career in college to be different from the one I had in high school. It took me two and a half years to become an Honor student. I am promising myself that I will maintain above average grades in college. This of course requires a lot of studying, something that I am certainly willing to do. Of course, everything requires balance. So while I wish to achieve good grades, I also want to have a social life and hold my job.

Socially I would like to make more friends. I have met many people this semester and I have made several new friends. However, I would still like to meet new people and keep making friends. I would also like to participate in a couple of different clubs here at Southern. When this first semester started I did sign up for a few but with my schedule I was not really able to fully participate. Now that I have improved my time management I am hoping to participate more.

Personally I would like to continue growing as a person. There is a lot in life that I have yet to learn and I hope that some of my daily experiences here at Southern help me to grow more as an individual. I would also like to find the time to volunteer as a tutor where I was last year. With my new schedule it is hard to find the time to tutor, go to school, and work. I am really hoping that I can work out a way to start working as a volunteer again! I miss my kids!!


No comments:

Post a Comment