Saturday, September 4, 2010

So...What Is College?

Everyone has a different definition for the term college. To me, college is a place where you go to learn and to grow. You grow academically, socially, and personally. It is essentially your journey to adulthood. Being a college student means that I am making all or most of my own decisions. There will not be a professor reminding me about due dates or missed work due to an absence. I will be responsible for me!

Academically I expect to do well in all of my classes. The expectations in college are held very high and I feel that my high school adequately prepared me for college. I look forward to the challenges of college work.

Socially I would like to meet new people and make new friends. I am a fairly shy person and it can be difficult for me. In college I am hoping to gradually step outside of my comfort zone and do things that I do not normally do.

Finally I want to grow as an individual. During orientation we were told many times that Southern has many unique people that all leave their mark at Southern. I want to do the same thing; my goal is to leave my own small mark at SCSU. I will strive to become an involved student and reach my full potential here at this university!

No comments:

Post a Comment