Saturday, October 2, 2010

Club Fair!

One of the first events that I attended at SCSU was the Club Fair. It was one of the best experiences that I’ve had! I learned so much information about numerous clubs. I had no idea that Southern was home to such a large number of clubs, organizations, sororities, and fraternities. Several of the clubs interested me and I joined a few of them.

The Southern Future Teacher’s Organization was my first stop. As a future teacher I knew this was one organization that I had to join. I also joined O.L.A.S., the Organization of Latin American Students. In high school I was a member of UNITY and being that I am half Hispanic I knew this club would be a perfect fit for me! I also joined Catholic Campus Ministry. This club has a weekly mass, retreats, and volunteer opportunities for students who a part of the Catholic faith.

I feel that it is very important to get involved in university clubs, especially since I am a commuter student. It is the perfect way for me to get involved on campus and be in the “know” about what is going on. I also have an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. Personally, I need to be involved in clubs like these in order to be around people that I can relate to. I need to be around smaller groups of people in order to open up to them and make friends. It is not easy for me but I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment