Saturday, October 16, 2010

SCSU Homecoming and Family Day!!

I have had a great time at Southern so far, but today was the most fun that I have had all year! I went to my first football game, I got three different free t-shirts, and I was able to show my family around campus.

I started the day by going to the breakfast at Conn Hall with my parents and my younger brother and sister. I took them to the student center where they saw the gym, the bookstore, and the food court. We also walked over to Engleman Hall and then my dad wanted to explore the bookstore. After this little adventure we went to the parade and the pep rally and finally ended up at Jess Dow Field for lunch and the exciting football game.

This was my first Owls football game so I was very excited, especially since one of my favorite sports is football. My family and I were able to get great seats, right at the forty-five yard line. The first half was a bit dicey and Southern actually ended the half trailing by one point. During the third quarter Southern scored two touchdowns totaling in thirteen points and had a 26-19 lead going into the fourth quarter. Unfortunately Bentley came back to score two touchdowns and a field goal to take a 36-26 victory against the Owls on homecoming day.

Even though the Owls lost it was a great experience. The atmosphere was wonderful and my family was able to see a side of Southern they had never before experienced. I know that I will be back for more SCSU football, and hopefully they will win! All in all, it was a great day!

Ryan and Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment