Saturday, October 2, 2010

Motivation...

For my digital storytelling project I chose the topic of motivation. The articles about motivation were very interesting to me: “Motivation: The Elusive Drive.” The title plays over and over in my head. In fact, it had such a profound impact on me that it became my topic. I wanted to know the reasons why people chose to attend college and why they ultimately chose Southern Connecticut State University.  I asked myself why I chose to go to college and that gave me the desire to find out why other people made that same choice.

I decided to go to college for many reasons. I want to go into secondary education, and in order to do that I need a degree. I also want to go to college for my mom. She was never able to finish college and I would be the first person in her immediate family to have attended and graduated from college. She wants me to accomplish the things that she was never able to do. This made me think about family situations and how that played into the motivation and drive behind attending college. How much of an impact does family actually have? 55

Those are the main questions my project consists of. The hardest part of this project for me will be the movie aspect. I have never made a movie and I am definitely not the most creative person, so this project will certainly have me outside of my comfort zone! I am planning on using pictures and some speaking. I am not sure on how I will organize the project, but after seeing examples I am confident that I will be able to come up with a good idea.

So why are you attending college? Why did you choose SCSU? What is your motivation?!


No comments:

Post a Comment